Jesus said in Math 6:25 — Don’t be anxious about your life.
And Paul said in Phil 4:6 — Don’t be anxious about anything.
The word of God says don’t be anxious.
I want peace — not anxiety — in my life!
Romans 7:15 — For what I am doing, I do not understand; for I am not doing what I choose to do, but I am doing the very thing I hate. I don’t want to be anxious, but am anxious anyway.
(16) But if I do the very thing I do not want to do, [I get anxious] saying at the same time that the Law is good. (Don’t be anxious is a good law.)
(17) At that moment, no longer am I the one doing it, but sin [anxiety] which dwells in me. Anxiety dwells in my body. (18) For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh [i.e. leaning on my own understanding, leaning on my own strength] ; for the choosing is present in me, but the doing of the good is not.
I desire not to be anxious, but I get anxious anyway.
(19) For the good that I want, [not being anxious] I do not do, but I do the very evil that I do not want. (I get anxious)(20) But if I am doing the very thing I do not want, I am no longer the one doing it, but sin [in this case anxiety] which dwells in me.
I am not doing it because v22 says I joyfully agree with the law of God in my spirit (which in this case is don’t be anxious). So I am not being anxious in my spirit.
(21) I find then the principle that evil is present in me [anxiety] , the one who wants to do good. (22) For I joyfully agree with the law of God in the inner man. In my spirit I am not anxious.
(23) But I see a different law in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind [don’t be anxious] and making me a prisoner of the law of sin which is in my members. The law of sin — hamartia — is the attempt to hit the mark and yet miss it every time: the attempt not to be anxious, in my own strength, and yet become anxious every time.
(24) Miserable person that I am! Who will set me free from this body of death (mortal body)?
If the wages of sin is death and the law of sin — the attempt to hit the mark but miss it every time — is at work in my body then how will I ever get free?
(25) Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord!
Not only has Jesus regenerated my spirit and set it free, but he has provided a way to set me free from the death at work in my body.
So then, on the one hand I myself with my mind am serving the law of God, [in my mind I choose to obey the law of God "don’t be anxious"] but on the other, with the flesh the law of sin [the attempt to hit the mark and yet miss it every time] so I become anxious.
However: Rom 8:1 — There is now no [oudeis = "no not one"] condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.
We are in Christ, and God no longer relates to us according to our sin.
(2) For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death. The Spirit of life came into us and made us a new creation in Christ and set us free from the law of sin and death in our spirit.
The law of the Spirit of life is: Yield to the Spirit and receive life.
Rom 8:11 — If the Spirit of the one who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, then the one who raised Christ from the dead will give life to your mortal bodies by his Spirit who lives in you.
As we yield to the Spirit we receive life for our mortal bodies which removes the anxiety (or the effect of any sin) resident there. And as we stay full of the Spirit, we stay shielded from sin, and it will not take up residence in our bodies.